tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shrisha Radhakrishna" <shrisha_radhakris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Difficulty getting IIS to recognize additional Tomcat contexts
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 05:43:47 GMT
Hmm.. I am facing the same problem!  I added my new contexts to server.xml
and uriworker.properties...

--Shrisha

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: MilitaryHire Technical Support [mailto:help@militaryhire.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Februar 2001 22:58
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Difficulty getting IIS to recognize additional Tomcat
contexts

Hi,

    I have successfully instaled Tomcat and confirmed it worked
using the
examples.  I then used the isapi_rediredct.dll to have my IIS use
Tomcat for
servlets.  I confirmed that worked using the examples also.

My problem is, I have not been able to get IIS to recognize any
other
contexts.  In an attempt to set up and test a new context, I copied
the
examples folder into a folder named "servlets" under the webapps
directory.
I then configured a "servlets" Tomcat context and tested it.  It
worked
fine.  When I then added the the context to uriworkers.properties
and
stopped and restarted IIS though, I was not able to access the new
context.
I kept getting 404 errors.  I could tell from the error format that
it was
being generated by IIS rather than Tomcat.  Any ideas what I might
have done
wrong?

FYI, I'm using NT Workstation 4.0 SP6a, IIS 4, jdk 1.3.

Thanks!

Sean

Shrisha Radhakrishna
mailto:shrisha@flashmail.com