tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dick Poon" <dscp...@netvigator.com>
Subject Re: Installing Tomcat windows 98
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:41:55 GMT

Just type the following line to set aside enough memory in DOS environment before typing startup

C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P

Obviously, "4096" means 4MB!

hope this help!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill_Fellows/MO/americancentury@americancentury.com
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 5:40 AM
  Subject: Re: Installing Tomcat windows 98

  Wir sprechen Englisch bitte.
  (We speak English please)
  Ausweitung der kapazitaet der Speicherplatz.  rechtklinke MSDOS, das Eigentum,
  speicherplatzetikett , anfangswert circa 3072
  (Increase in capacity the memory.  Right click MSDOS, in properties, Memory tab,
  initial value approximately 3072)

  The internet is so wonderful, never spoken a word of German in my life.
  dictionaries.travlang.com
  {
  I have tried to install Tomcat under Windows 98
  I start the batch file 'startup' and every time I get the following error
  message
  Not enough memory in (something)
  I would be extremely thankful for any tips.
  }

  I'm guessing his problem is not enough memory in his DOS window.

  FHSL1@t-online.de on 02/07/2001 03:06:56 PM

  Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org