tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan <rcdet...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject Re: JSP code wont run
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 06:19:26 GMT
i had to shut down tomcat and apache and restart them both. annoying aint it?

-ryu

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matt Reine
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 25, 1999 9:28 AM
  Subject: JSP code wont run

  Hello All,

  I'm a newbie and would appreciate help... I've developed a few jsp pages and it seems to
still caache the old servlets that Ive run before and wont update with the new changes even
when I saved it to the hard drive and overwrote the old .jsp file.

  I think it's a caching issue... am I right? And how do I fix it? Also, I did the shutdown.bat
and startup.bat files to restart tomcat with no effect... Even when I did the shutdown.bat
I could still access the program on localhost:8080/matt.jsp

  So I dont think shutdown is working right either... Thanks all!

  -Matt

  webmaster@cityretailer.com