tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dipankar Sinha" <dipan...@stssoftware.com>
Subject JDBC connectivity - java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 23:22:46 GMT
I am trying to host some webpages using Tomcat and when my webpage is being accessed, I am
getting an error message on the linux console as:

I have setup Tomcat-3.2.1 and Apache_1.3.14 with MySQL-3.23.31 under RedHatLinux 6.2.
jdk1.3 is installed under /usr/java.
Tomcat, Apache and MySQL are basically working fine
I have to setup login authentication from the webpages accessing data from MySQL (name of
database is test, no user, no password).
I am trying to use MM.MySQL for JDBC connectivity to MySQL

As indicated in Tomcat/MM.MySQL documentation, I have tried as follows:

1. Modified $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml to add following lines:
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm"
            debug="99"
            driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
            connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test''"
            />
2. I tried dropping mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin without un jaring under $TOMCAT_HOME/lib

Tomcat starts without any error but does not confirm Database connection.

Further when I am trying to stop Tomcat, I am getting additional error message as:
java.lang.NullPointerException

In a separate environment, I have used NT4.0, JavaWebserver, MySQL and ODBC
driver. Every thing is working over there including database access from the same
WebPages etc.

Can somebody help?
Thanks a million in advance.

Dipankar