tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shahed Ali" <sha...@enoor.com>
Subject Performance ISSUES : mod_jk & ajp13 Vs ajp12
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:12:13 GMT
Hi,

We are using Tomcat 3.2.1 with Apache 1.3.14 and mod_jk
on Solaris 8 Intel & JDK 1.3

We have had the strangest of experiences with
multiple configs including
various mix & match combos of
TC 3.1 , TC 3.2 , JDK 1.2.2, JDK 1.3 , mod_jk / mod_jserv

We finally decided to stick with mod_jk and ajp13
Every things seems ok, but today we had a problem
whereby it seemd that the communication between
mod_jk and apache broke.

Requests were being sent to mod_jk, but then it would
close the socket instead of replying back to apache, leading to a large
number of sockets remaing in CLOSE_WAIT / FIN_WAIT_2 state.

My boss seems to think that AJP13 is not ready for
production yet.

Can anyone tell me what seems to be the best combo
from the following :-

mod_jk and ajp12

mod_jk and ajp13

mod_jserv and ajp12 with smart content redirection (static => apache ||
*.jsp & /servlet/ => tomcat )

mod_jserv and ajp13 ??? (dont think its allowed)

Also, my mod_jk has a patch so that it acts as
a Content Handler instead of the default behavior of
acting like a filter. So only *.jsp and /servlet/ are handled by it.

Any recomendations ?

Thanks
Shahed.