tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Attilio Campedel" <campe...@ost.it>
Subject Re: Regarding support for tomcat server....................
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:52:07 GMT
Have you tried to disable browser cache?

Attilio
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ravindra
  To: bookquestions@oreilly.com
  Cc: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 15, 1996 10:17 AM
  Subject: Regarding support for tomcat server....................

  Hello Sir,
     I am Ravindra using tomcat 3.2.1 server in standalone mode
  for learning jsp .
  but problem is every time when i request for jsp page server
  is creating .java file & compiled it into class file .
  But this should not happened ,java file& class file should
  generate first time after change in jsp file .
  so i am facing problems for follwing counter.jsp example.
  when same jsp i am running through javawebserver2.0 it
  is working fine because java & class file is created after
  change in jsp only.not like previous case.

  Bellow i am giving code so please help me to solve the
  problem

  <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" %>
    <head>
      <title>A page with a counter</title>
    </head>
      <%!
        int globalCounter = 0;
      %>

      This page has been visited: <%= ++globalCounter %> times.

      <%
        int localCounter = 0;
      %>
      This counter never increases its value: <%= ++localCounter %>

  Thank you very much

  Regards

     Ravindra