tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan <>
Subject Re: Tomcat or Resin
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:04:47 GMT
Haven't had any problems with Tomcat
I used to use Resin and classes came up with weird errors...

For instance I couldn't set a string value equal to the return value of
method.. such as

stringvar = object.stringmethd();

Supposedly Resin is faster but it seems that tomcat is the most widely used.

I would stick with Tomcat.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ase Lieden-Seeligson" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:23 PM
Subject: Tomcat or Resin

> I am setting up this web server:
> Pentium 100
> RedHat 6.2
> Apache 1.3.17
> We will use both static and dynamic pages and therefor I was going to
install Tomcat. However, I keep coming across positive comments on Resin.
Could anyone advise me on which way to go, Tomcat or Resin? Especially if
you have experience with both. Why would I choose one over the other?? Is
Tomcat still the main road?
> ├ůse
> PS I am an intern who is setting this system up for the local Court house.
They have staff who will be able to support it when I am done. Personally, I
am new at this, so please be clear and simple... Thanks!
> PS2. I realize this list might not be the most impartial place to post
this question, but I'll do it anyway. If anyone has suggestions on other
mailing lists to ask, please let me know. Thanks!