tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Fowler" <afow...@cc.edu>
Subject E-mail guidelines...
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:29:33 GMT
Hi all,

Could everyone please make sure that the to: address when they send e-mail
to this list is tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org and not "tomcat user"
"tomcat" or "< ". It's a pain to sort through 50 unknown e-mails to put them
in the right place.

Also, the e-mail guidelines request that people use plain text messages. Not
RTF, HTML or any other pretty styling that Microsoft has come up with. This
is to allow people who read e-mail using a plain text editor (pine, elm etc.
on Unix/Linux) to actually read it. Otherwise they just get told the e-mail
has an attachment and probably don't ever bother reading it. (I know I don't
when I'm in Unix 8o) )

The above are only little things, but helps a lot in reply times.

Thanks,
Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----