tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "\)ason" <luridBl...@satx.rr.com>
Subject JSPs still not working
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:55:45 GMT
In my c:\autoexec.bat I have
SET JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3
SET TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat2
SET PATH=c:\jdk1.3\bin;%PATH%

and in my tomcat.bat I also have
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3
set PATH=c:\jdk1.3\bin;%PATH%

In the command prompt i have access to java\javac from any directory..

Servlets work splendidly, but ONLY the examples numguess.jsp and calendar.jsp compile and
work successfully (and only from their original directories, same error if otherwise)

The rest...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:128)

I have set up the Contexts to where it can read anything else
Is there a piece of server configuration that I am missing?  Or perhaps it's my operating
system Win98 (because I was able to set it up very easily right out of the zip file on a school
Win95 machine)?