tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter....@comsat.com
Subject install tomcat on unix
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 19:22:18 GMT
I install tomcat 3.2 into my unix user account. It starts up well. Sevelet
running well also. But alwasy problem in running JSP. It post an error page like
following, It seems compiler can not work properly. I guess it is related to the
account access right. The jdk1.1 is installed in /usr/jdk1.1 by unix system
administrator.
Error: 500
Location: /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
at javax.servlet.ServletException.(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jasper.JasperException.(Compiled Code)
Root cause:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown argument
at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
Thanks for your advice,
Peter