tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Fowler" <afow...@cc.edu>
Subject RE: WebServer-Tomcat linking problem... was [cannot find file "mod_jk.conf-auto"]
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:47:28 GMT

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugenio Ascoli-Bartoli [mailto:eugenioab@tiscalinet.it]
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 4:14 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: R: WebServer-Tomcat linking problem... was [cannot find file
"mod_jk.conf-auto"]

- I have the same configuration (MDK 7.2)
- I share the three symptomps
- For possible causes, point 1) mod_jk starts, as I can see in log files.
For point 2)If  it was a java error, Tomcat should generate an error report:
but the only log affected from mod_jk activity is mod_jk.log (or any other
name you give it). About point 3) I am sure that mod_jk never tries to open
a socket to communicate with the ajpX ports (8007 and 8009) of  Tomcat.
So, I think it's a MDK distribution problem (in past releases, apache was
branded as a "security enhanced version". It was impossible to me make it
work with JServ at that time. Maybe developers could tell us what is going
on. I gave a look at mod_jk code, but is neither small nor simple (maybe
compared with my knowledge and time available: they are both). Then ...
developers, is anybody out there?