tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ravindra <rme...@sovika.com>
Subject Regarding support for tomcat server....................
Date Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:17:57 GMT
Hello Sir,
   I am Ravindra using tomcat 3.2.1 server in standalone mode
for learning jsp .
but problem is every time when i request for jsp page server
is creating .java file & compiled it into class file .
But this should not happened ,java file& class file should
generate first time after change in jsp file .
so i am facing problems for follwing counter.jsp example.
when same jsp i am running through javawebserver2.0 it
is working fine because java & class file is created after
change in jsp only.not like previous case.

Bellow i am giving code so please help me to solve the
problem

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" %>
  <head>
    <title>A page with a counter</title>
  </head>
    <%!
      int globalCounter = 0;
    %>

    This page has been visited: <%= ++globalCounter %> times.

    <%
      int localCounter = 0;
    %>
    This counter never increases its value: <%= ++localCounter %>

Thank you very much

Regards

   Ravindra