tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MilitaryHire Technical Support" <h...@militaryhire.com>
Subject Difficulty getting IIS to recognize additional Tomcat contexts
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:57:59 GMT
Hi,

    I have successfully instaled Tomcat and confirmed it worked using the
examples.  I then used the isapi_rediredct.dll to have my IIS use Tomcat for
servlets.  I confirmed that worked using the examples also.

My problem is, I have not been able to get IIS to recognize any other
contexts.  In an attempt to set up and test a new context, I copied the
examples folder into a folder named "servlets" under the webapps directory.
I then configured a "servlets" Tomcat context and tested it.  It worked
fine.  When I then added the the context to uriworkers.properties and
stopped and restarted IIS though, I was not able to access the new context.
I kept getting 404 errors.  I could tell from the error format that it was
being generated by IIS rather than Tomcat.  Any ideas what I might have done
wrong?

FYI, I'm using NT Workstation 4.0 SP6a, IIS 4, jdk 1.3.

Thanks!

Sean