tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Fowler" <afow...@cc.edu>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosting and Startup as the machine startup...
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:14:55 GMT
Hi,

Mine's erroring too, but I do know that Tomcat DEFINITELY should start
before apache as it re-writes it's configuration files (incl'
mod_jk.conf-auto) every time it starts, so apache would need to start
afterwards in order to load the new files.

Hope that helps a bit!

Adam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Merwin Yap [mailto:merwin.yap@webphilippines.com.ph]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 3:53 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Virtual Hosting and Startup as the machine startup...

I currently have jdk1.2.2,  tomcat3.2 using mod_jk working with Apache
running in  Red Hat Linux

I read about it, and have been trying stuff but i have failed... and
here are some questions... I know that these stuff have
might have been asked before but back then I was just startring and i
couldn't  care less since they were so complicated for me to
comprehend...

Virtual Hosting

- the faq seems to be using jserv rather than mod_jk, I know that both
httpd.conf and server must be edited.

here what i added in server.xml

<Context path="/survey"
                docBase="webapps/survey"
                defaultSessionTimeOut="30000"
                crossContext="false"
               debug="0"
                reloadable="true">
</Context>

<Host name="survey.com" >
      <Context path=""
                       docBase="webapp/survey" />
     <Context path="/survey"
                      docBase="webapps/ROOT" />
</Host>

Anything wrong???

here what i added in http.conf

<VirtualHost >
        DocumentRoot /home/webapp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/survey
        ServerName survey.com
        JkMount  /*.jsp ajp12
        JkMount  /servlet/* ajp12
</VirtualHost>

--> httpd failed during reboot something to do with JkMount... !!!

Starting Jakarta-Tomcat as Nobody as the Server Starts

    I read something about it and tried them but there is still
something missing...
I already made symlink like S83tomcat which i placed in etc/rc.d/ rc2 to
5
and K83 for rc0 ,rc1, and rc6 ... and i also have the file linked  named
tomcat
stored in etc/rc.d/init.d/  ? what could be still missing?

Should tomcat start before httpd???

hope to hear from you soon... I really need help...

Thanks! I appreciate the time you spent in answering my questions,,,

Thanks!
Merwin