tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Engel" <>
Subject Re: mailinglist vs newsgroup
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:36:07 GMT
I agree I think this should be put into a newsgroup. Just today I have gotten 70 emails from
this group!

You can always browse the messages with and you can post if you setup a free account
with them.

>>> 01/02/01 04:00PM >>>

As long as it were "attached" to deja, it would be fine, but my firewall
blocks the news port, so I would be out of luck.  Also, I think that mail
serves a purpose that a newsgroup does not.  It seems that it's easier to
send a mail to a group for a configuration error, get an answer, and move
on without having to subscribe to a list or service.

                    "Jaap van der
                    Molen"               To:
                    <molen@mail.c        cc:     (bcc: Greyson Smith/CCMG/CVG)
                    om>                  Subject:     mailinglist vs newsgroup
                    12:15 PM
                    respond to

No offense, but has anyone ever considered to put this whole mailinglist
into a newsgroup? We must be generating tons of traffic.

Re Jaap

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or
entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is
privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you have received this electronic
mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email
or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message