tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Labanowski <...@osc.edu>
Subject Installation logs for Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.14 for RedHat 7.0
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:38:43 GMT
I just added my installation notes on Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.14 at

   http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/

There are 2 sets of notes:

a) for binary distribution of Apache which comes with RedHat 7.0 and the
   binary distribution of Tomcat

b) for source distribution of RedHat and Tomcat with compiling everything
   from scratch.

Those are quite detailed and long logs. You may want to read both, since they
have different startup scripts, and you may want to choose the one which
is better for you, apart from choosing source or binary distributions.

Sorry that I was unresponsive lately... too much mail, too much work,
and not enough time (in case you did not know... {:-)}).

If you see some ommissions, errors, bad links, etc., do not hesitate to
bug me immediately, so I can correct this, and save my soul from being
committed to the purgatory by millions and millions of angry people (:-)}
(it would be so much easier to go straight to hell...).

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/