tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alistair Hopkins" <alist...@berthengron.co.uk>
Subject RE: EmbededTomcat and RMI
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:07:26 GMT
This is why I didn't use EJB, but slogged out SQL the hard way for my
current web project.  It seemed a crazy bit of wastefulness, like buying a
4wd to go shopping in London.

If you could have the persistence & concurrency of EJB with integrated
Tomcat without the overhead of RMI, I'd definitely use it next time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrik Beno [mailto:patrik.beno@qbizm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 11:57 AM
To: tomcat
Subject: EmbededTomcat and RMI

Hello.

jboss+EmbeddedTomcat with Integrated Stack (fast) is great idea.

But network access is not the only thing making EJB relatively slow...
It's primarily RMI. My question is:

Isn't it possible to write jboss so that RMI is not used when calls
are made inside one JVM? If possible, it would be the greatest speed
improvement. RMI should be used when neccessary; but when
servlet container and EJB server share the same JVM and the same
address space...

What do you say ?

patrik.beno@{qbizm.com|inmail.sk}                           ICQ#98931498
Patrik Beno                                     Qbizm technologies, Inc.
developer                                       ... the art of internet.