tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Birte Glimm" <B.Gl...@e-7.com>
Subject RE: AW: Problem starting Tomcat 3.1 (together with JRun)
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:58:48 GMT
Hi,
I think JRuns default port is 8080 the same as the default port of Tomcat. So perhaps the
prot is blocked ba JRun when you try to start Tomcat. Try to use Tomcat with another port
(change server.xml).
Regards Birte

-----Original Message-----
From: joeri@gim.be [mailto:joeri@gim.be]
Sent: Montag, 8. Januar 2001 15:33
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: AW: Problem starting Tomcat 3.1 (together with JRun)

I don't think I can be more specific. All I can do is tell you which steps
are heading to my problem:

1. I put the path to all the necessary JAR-files in my CLASSPATH.

2. I start Tomcat executing the file "c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\startup.bat".

3. This batch-file starts this file "c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\tomcat.bat" with
optional parameter "start".

4. In the batch-file, everything goes fine except the execution of the line
added in my previous e-mail. There, a new console window is started, but
IMMEDIATELY SHUT DOWN. It appears that the running the class
"org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat" generates the error now.

In the past, everything went fine. We have several servlets and Java Server
Pages running with Tomcat. Unfortunately, since the installation of
ColdFusion 4.5 with JRun, Tomcat does not start up anymore.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Joeri

                    Ralph Einfeldt

                    <ralph.einfeldt@upti        To:     "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'"
<tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                    me-isc.de>                  cc:

                                                Subject:     AW: Problem starting Tomcat 3.1
(together with JRun)
                    08/01/01 13:50

                    Please respond to

                    tomcat-user

Can you be a bit more specific, what the problem is?