tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Wilson" <ch...@wondergeek.com>
Subject How does the error page tag in web.xml work?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:28:54 GMT
hello,

i'm running tomcat 4.0b1.

i have the following entries in my web.xml

<error-page>
  <error-code>403</error-code>
  <location>/sorry.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
  <error-code>404</error-code>
  <location>/sorry.jsp</location>
</error-page>

i'm using form based login and that works fine (i can login and see
restricted pages).

if i access a page that doesn't exist, my sorry.jsp page gets displayed as
desired (due to a 404 response).

however, if i login successfully, but attempt to access a page i don't have
a role for, i don't see sorry.jsp (which should happen) for a 403 response.
all i get is a blank page.

i turned on the RequestDumperValve and it reports that a 403 was sent to the
browser, but my browser just shows a blank page.

is this a bug, or am i doing something wrong?

thanks for any help!

cheers,
chris

| chris wilson || web dev ||| chris@wondergeek.com || | www.wondergeek.com |