tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "S. Murthy Gorty" <murt...@hotmail.com>
Subject list of HttpSession objects
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:33:06 GMT
Hi,

We are moving to Tomcat3.2.1 and noticed a problem.
We monitor user-activity per web-server by keeping a list of HTTPSession
objects; we query this list to see the sessions active (and thereby some ser
information) at a given point.

With this version of tomcat, there seems to be this HTTPSessionfacade object
that has a 'realsession' object. this realsession object gets nuked at the
end of every request.

So, our list maintains a list of httpsessionfacade objects that do not have
any realsession objects associated with them, so we get nullpointerexception
when we try to read from these httpsession objects we maintain..

Is this a feature?
Is there any other way our management console can keep track of
httpsessions?

thanks,
murthy