tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Bueckers" <rabueck...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question...
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Tomcat v 3.2.1 and IIS 4.0 </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I am using form based authentication for url-pattern "/sales/*". Whenever
<DIV></DIV>try to access files under this protected URL I am prompted with the
login
<DIV></DIV>page "/security/login.jsp". However, when I try to login I get the
following
<DIV></DIV>405 error, and the resulting URL in the location bar is :
<DIV></DIV>http://localhost/security/j_security_check. If I run this in standalone

<DIV></DIV>Tomcat everything works fine. Why doesn't it work correctly when integrated
with IIS?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>HTTP Error 405 </P>
<DIV></DIV>405 Method Not Allowed
<DIV></DIV>The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource

<DIV></DIV>identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME
type
<DIV></DIV>set up for the resource you are requesting.
<DIV></DIV>Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

<P>What do I need to do to get it to work correctly with IIS? </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Thanks in advance,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Bob<br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer