tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Blake Binkley" <>
Subject RE: .jsp extension support and apache conf for Tomcat.
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:19:11 GMT
well I am guessing that you have already ran the /examples/servlet and
examples/jsp and they worked fine the answer to your question is

I have never seen where tomcat gets that as it's setting for the docroot but
it works...

Blake Binkley
667 Woodward St.
San Marcos, CA 92069
Home: (760) 744-9086
Cell: (760) 505-6591
ICQ: 752498
AIM: mordronlafey
MSIM: mordron
Yahoo: mordron

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Sudeep Kumar [mailto:ponsud@Pool.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE]
  Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 8:20 AM
  Subject: .jsp extension support and apache conf for Tomcat.

  Hai all,
  I am a NewBie,
  I would like to know how do i run .jsp files. .Please let me know where to
put the files with .jsp extension so that apache would server them.I have a
linux box up in running with apache Installed and Tomcat installed.
  Tomcat runs on port far as i know.
  I dont know the concept of virtual hosting and so dont know where the
Tomcat files are.Please let me know where i could find them.
  The other thing is what do i do to the installation so that Apache could
serve the .jsp extension support.

  thanks in advance ,
  Best Regards,
  Sudeep kumar