tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Blake Binkley" <>
Subject RE: automated URL rewriting
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:41:09 GMT
anyone have better suggetions on Session Security? this is really only a
problem when it's used in URL rewriting, but it should be solved, people are
not trusting cookies, for some reason they don't want the server to know
where they have been through the site..

Blake Binkley
667 Woodward St.
San Marcos, CA 92069
Home: (760) 744-9086
Cell: (760) 505-6591
ICQ: 752498
AIM: mordronlafey
MSIM: mordron
Yahoo: mordron

-----Original Message-----
From: David Wall []
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: automated URL rewriting

> I had something along the same lines, I have added  an object which stores
> the users IP in the session

Wouldn't this break for users who access through proxy server banks, like
those on AOL?  It seems I've watched a single user come in from AOL and seen
several IP addresses (I guess they multiplex the requests across several
proxy servers).  Also, every user behind a proxy server will have the same
IP address shown.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message