tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Enoch Pritchard" <enochw...@hotmail.com>
Subject libhpi.so Problem
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hello,

Just starting to learn some of the advanced features of the java language,
like rmi, jsp, and servlets, and I've been trying to get Tomcat running in
conjunction with apache on my linux box for several days now, beating my
head against a wall. When I try to start the server I get the following
error:

/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin/i386/native_threads/java : error in loading shared
libraries: libhpi.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory.

That file is the right directory, or I think it is. How can I get rid of
this so that I can run Tomcat, and
continue learning servlets and jsp, and second, what does this file do? the
libhpi.so? Thank you for your help!!!!

Pathogen