tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Collins" <michael_collin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fwd: HELP WITH FIRST APPLICATION............Anyone?.
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:28:34 GMT

Hi all,
Im new to tomcat and am unsure of a couple of things.
I have installed some of the examples and they work away on
httP:\\localhost8080 etc.
I have started my own project for which I have developed all the HTML pages.
I have converted the relevant pages to .jsp developed beans for one of the
pages and compiled them to .class. I have gone over the documentation and
just want to know how to structure the directories.
Say I put everything into a folder called project right?
This folder goes into the webapps folder right?
Now inside in the project folder I have my web-inf folder, inside in that
folder I have a classes folder and inside in that I have my beans (.java and
.class) in there?
I modify server.xml to look like this
       <Context path="/project"
                docBase="c:/tomcat/webapps/project"
                debug="0"
                reloadable="true"
                trusted="false" >
       </Context>

Is this all I have to do?
I read the documentation and there is all other weird stuff that I dont
understand.
Whats the build.xml thing about and the cvs, do I have to do something with
them?
Could someone please just give me a step in the right direction, once I get
one application working, Ill be delighted.
A big thanks in advance,
Michael