tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ramkumar Manoharan" <ramkumar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Calling the same servlet regardless of the URL
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:15:00 GMT
Maybe you can try doing this in the web.xml:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            ServletX
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            ServletX
        </servlet-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>pathinfo</param-name>
            <param-value>/home/jim/testFile</param-value>
        </init-param>

    </servlet>

You can get this value by using the getInitParameter("paramname") within
your servlet code

Ram