tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: Context Problem
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:34:04 GMT
Can anyone help with this please?

really need to be able to let students write their own jsp/servlets and have
them work without having to make huge alterations to the server.

thanks Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Birkin
Sent: 30 January 2001 13:38
Subject: Context Problem

	can someone help please

I've just installed tomcat onto a windows 2000 server, its running fine and
went on really easily, the examples all work but I've run into a problem I
don't know how to solve.

I have a second web server running on d:\studentwork with each sub dir being
a student username, I need my students to be able to ftp jsp files into
their accounts for testing. I presume I need to setup a new context that
referes to d:\studentwork but when I tried this it either still gave me the
source code rather than executing the file or it stopped serving files

the tomcat server was installed into c:\jakarta-tomcat ad the main inetpub
is also on c:\

I presume I need to alter two files

server.xml and - but what needs to go into them - if
anyone can help that would be great.

I had something along the lines of

<Context path="d:\studentwork"
                 reloadable="true" >