tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Buttrick, David" <david.buttr...@wilcom.com>
Subject controlling resource utilization...
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:29:13 GMT
This is really my introduction to Java.

I've got tomcat3.2.1 running in standalone mode on a remote host from the
web server. The tomcat application server is running Linux kernel 2.2.18,
and Sun's jdk1.3. I notice that tomcat invokes many java processes. Are
these threads? or are they actually processes? Why do I need so many? Is
there like one for each context or something?
Can I control that? I've been doing some reading, and i cant seem to find
anything that talks about this.

What I want to do is be able to control the number of processes that are
created.

Thanks

David Buttrick