tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gunawan Tanudy <Gunawan.Tan...@metrodata.co.id>
Subject Servlet and jsp configuration problem ?
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:58:55 GMT
HI..
Can somebody help me , i got really frustrated regarding mapping servlet and
jsp file to tomcat.
I use Apache+ tomcat.
the example files run well.
i have made the context path in server.xml like the following

<Context path="/myserver"
                 docBase="webapps/myserver"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true"
                 trusted="false" >
 </Context>

then in myserver directory i make the tree like this:
/WEB-INF/classes
/servlets

i write the servlet in a package called devguide.chap1.MultiDemo.class
and i put the directory devguide which is a package directory into classess
directory
can somebody tell me how to configure web.xml(in WEB-INF directory)

one more question :
i put the jsp file under the myserver directory
Should i map the jsp file in the web.xml too ? if so, then how ?

Help will be really appreciated.
thanks in advance..

Rgds,

Gun