tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Boaz Shaham <>
Subject RE: gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:21:22 GMT
mod_jserv documentation indicates that this should be done. Take a look at

However, we tried it but could not make it work. I dont know if mod_jk
supports this, but I"ll be glad to hear that someone succeeded

- Boaz

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kuz []
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 03:51
To: ''; ''
Subject: gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...

Hello all,
How do I remove a worker from the load balancer without killing its current
i.e.: I don't want any new sessions created on that worker, and the existing
sessions must be allowed to expire 'naturally'
(I can't just delete the entry from the balanced_workers property of the
load balancer or current/established sessions get killed/ are not redirected
to the
proper worker)
Our setup: We've got multiple Apache web servers behind LVS with multiple
TC(3.2) boxes behind the web servers...
Thanks in advance....

Michael R. Kuz
Service Intelligence