tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: session between tomcat and IIS
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:39:08 GMT

Could this be that the JSESSIONID cookie is scoped to the webapp.  IE if
your webapp is called FOO, then only pages below /FOO can get that cookie.
Also, I am assuming you are on the same server, since cookies don't travel
across servers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill_Fellows/MO/americancentury@americancentury.com
[mailto:Bill_Fellows/MO/americancentury@americancentury.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 2:58 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: session between tomcat and IIS

Hello,
I'm in a bit of a peckerwood situation here.  Tomcat 3.2.1 & Apache is the
preferred apps but I have been told to integrate with an IIS machine.  Ok,
so my
problem is that we create a session w/Tomcat and pass along some credentials
in
the session object.  Everything is well and good except when the page needs
go to the ASP stuff.  IIS is happy to create a session/cookie
ASPSESSIONIDGGQQGGED however, if the asp page asks about the cookie
JSESSIONID
(from tomcat), it finds nothing.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to pass
the
data around?  Currently, my non-elegant solution is to use a form with
hidden
fields to post to the asp page and from there, it can decode the form
variables.
What are some other options?

/bill