tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: Transform get to post
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:27:52 GMT

Well, this seems kinda silly, but you could build a response page with an
HTML FORM which uses POST, and has all the values set the way you want, then
use JavaScript to execute the Submit event on the form. Like This

<FORM NAME="FOO" METHOD=POST ACTION="somewhere.jsp" >

<!-- Your elements -->

</FORM>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">
<!--
	window.document.FOO.submit();
-->
</SCRIPT>

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Talleyrand [mailto:Talleyrand@wowwowmail.zzn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 6:14 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Transform get to post

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a way to transform a get request
into a post?  If so, how would I go about doing it?

Basically, I have a servlet that redirects users based on session
criteria and I'd like to POST the data to a form processor rather
than URL encode it.

Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated.

Tell all your friends about wowwowmail.zzn.com