tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <>
Subject RE: Has extension mapping changed in 3.2?
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:58:04 GMT

Tomcat 3.2 does not read the conf/web.xml file.  You must put your changes
in your webapps WEB-INF/web.xml file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Fritchman []
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 3:56 AM
Subject: Has extension mapping changed in 3.2?

I had been using an extension mapping to serve XML
files in Tomcat 3.1 via my own servlet.  I just
downloaded 3.2, and it no longer seems to work (Tomcat
returns the file, but it doesn't go through my
servlet).  I have the following stuff in Tomcat's
conf\web.xml file at the appropriate places, the same
as I had it in the 3.1 web.xml:

This did the trick in 3.1, but I seem to be out of
luck now.  Has anything changed in 3.2 that requires
something different or additional to get an extension
mapping to work?

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: