tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: So can no one help with my Socket Write Error Question ?
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 01:36:01 GMT
This has been discussed many times on this mailing list.  I did a quick
search through my archive and found these two snippets, neither of which I
know anything about, but thought I would give them to you for your
amusement. These were from messages on December 8, 2000.

------ Snippet 1 ------------
The dev lists suggest the following (that is being
considered for 3.3 dev)
http://w4.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2000/Jul/msg00910.html

Commenting out the following lines -
sout.write( buffer, 0, bufferCount );
sout.flush();

in the method endHeaders() of HttpResponseAdapter.java

The above fix did eliminate errors of the type -
2000-12-08 11:39:27 - Ctx( /estore ): IOException in:
R( /estore + /template.js + null) Connection reset by
peer: socket write error

but the stack trace reported continued.

I checked the code... it says ignore this message.