tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Morgenstein" <jmorgenst...@recommend-it.com>
Subject Runaway Apache daemon
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:43:05 GMT
All-

Anyone having CPU usage problems with Apache 1.3.14 with mod_jk.so (using
AJP 1.2) running Tomcat 3.2 on Redhat Linux 6.2?

I'm having a rather perplexing intermittent problem where at random
intervals I am getting a runaway Apache process.  I have not found a pattern
or reproducable set of steps to cause this to happen.  After some
indeterminant amount of time I see one or more httpd processes in top that
are using extremely large amounts of CPU (>20%).  I can kill the individual
process or restart Apache to make the problem go away for a short time.

This definitely appears to be load related as the higher the load, the more
often this occurs.

I have tried recompiling mod_jk numerous times.

Anyone have any other ideas or experiences?

Thanks.

James