tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jared <ja...@geek-boy.com>
Subject problem starting Apache with mod_jk
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:25:41 GMT
hello,

    I'm trying to get Apache and Tomcat to work together via mod_jk, but I
am not having much luck.

    I have mod_jk.so built and in Apache's libexec directory properly.

    In Apache's httpd.conf, for Tomcat I've only included this line:

Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

    However, whenever I try to start Apache with that line in the httpd.conf
file, I get this message:

<snip>
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /us
r/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol fdatasync: referenced symbol not
found
bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
</snip>

    If I comment that line out, Apache starts up fine.

    Am I missing some important detail? Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks!

cheers,

- Jared

--
Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy...
all day.