tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Woteki <d...@woteki.com>
Subject Re: anyone using ajp13 protocol with mod_jk?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:52:45 GMT
Yes I do mean $TOMCAT/work and I know they are generated by Tomcat, which I,
in the circumstances I described to you, I "su"-ed to root to launch. In the
event I had a mixture of work files that were owned by root and owned by me
-- however it got that way. When I reverted all ownership back to me things
were fine and have been ever since and I have been merrily using ajp13
since. All I know is -- it worked!

Hope this helps. In any case it wont hurt to try. You can always chown them
back to tomcat.

Tom

> From: William Au <billa@cnet.com>
> Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:29:05 -0500
> To: Tom Woteki <drwo@woteki.com>
> Cc: tomcat user help <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: anyone using ajp13 protocol with mod_jk?
>
> By "webapp work files" do you mean directories and files under $TOMCAT/work?
> Those directories and files are generated by tomcat.  I am running tomcat
> 3.2.1 as
> root.  So They are all owned by root.
>
> Am I not supposed to run Tomcat 3.2.1 as root when using the ajp13 protocol?
>
> Bill
>
> Tom Woteki wrote:
>
>> I was having what seems to have been a similar problem though I can't say
>> for sure because I didn't have my logs set up the way you appear to have. In
>> any case, the root problem for me was that the permissions on my webapp work
>> files were set to root. Upon setting ownership recursively to me everything
>> with ajp13 seems to be working well.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Woteki, a.k.a. Dr. Wo
>> mail to:<drwo@woteki.com>
>> 202-544-2743 (fax)
>>> From: William Au <billa@cnet.com>
>>> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:42:09 -0500
>>> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
>>> Subject: anyone using ajp13 protocol with mod_jk?
>>>
>>> Is anyone actually using the ajp13 protocol with mod_jk?
>>> I tried it but had to switch back to ajp12.  It seems faster
>>> but less reliable.  I am getting the following error messages
>>> in mod_jk.log.  All these messages occur multiple
>>> times.  They only occur when I use the ajp13 protocol.
>>>
>>> In mod_jk.log:
>>>
>>> [jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 145
>>> [jk_ajp13_worker.c (173)]: In jk_endpoint_t::connect_to_tomcat, failed
>>> errno = 145
>>> [jk_ajp13_worker.c (584)]: Error connecting to the Tomcat process.
>>> [jk_ajp13_worker.c (325)]: Error ajp13_process_callback - write failed
>>>
>>> In tomcat.log:
>>>
>>> 2000-12-28 04:04:07 - Ctx( /examples ): Exception in: R( /examples +
>>> /10k.jsp + null) - java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>       at _0002f_00031_00030k_0002ejsp10k_jsp_0._jspService(Compiled
>>> Code)
>>>       at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(Compiled
>>> Code)
>>>       at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Compiled
>>> Code)
>>>       at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(Compiled
>>> Code)
>>>       at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Compiled Code)
>>>       at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection
>>> (C
>>> ompiled