tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: sun/tools/javac/Main
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:34:37 GMT

	This is actually an extremely common error.  You need to set the
environment variable JAVA_HOME to the directory that the JDK is located in
so that the shell script/batch file can add JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar to your
class path for you.

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe.Demez@linedata.com
[mailto:Christophe.Demez@linedata.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 9:06 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: sun/tools/javac/Main

Hello,

I have a strange error during an access to a JSP.
I have search the archive for a solution, but without success.
I have see that for JDK 1.3 we need to add a path to tools.jar (maybe a
solution).

But for jdk1.2.2 ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks a lot

Christophe

Error: 500
Location: /odata/admin/services/servicesStatus.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
7)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
     at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Root cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
     at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:128)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:462)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:433)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:152)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:164)
     at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)