tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: ACTION= invoking servlets
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:47:55 GMT
> I am trying to invoke a servlet from a form via POST and
> action= however the servlet never runs and I don't see any
> error messages. The URL appears correct in the browser when I
> invoke it, however nothing happens. Any thoughts? Any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

Put in some debugging output, or breakpoints if you have
debugging capabilities, and step through the servlet to make
sure:
  A. Your servlet is getting called
  B. Your servlet doPost() method is getting called
  C. Your servlet doPost() method is exiting normally
  D. If something is happening in doPost() what is the code
       that is raising a exception.

If you can't figure out the problem from this.  Post more information
on what exactly is happening and your configuration(settings in
web.xml, tomcat ver, OS, webserver config[stand alone or w/ IIS/Apache,
etc...).

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer