tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Cannot run two servlets
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:54:05 GMT
> We have developed a simple web application with two HTML
> forms.  The user
> enters a lookup parameter on the form and submits it.  We have a Java
> servlet that does retrieves the HTML form data, does a lookup
> via another
> program, and then builds HTML that is returned to the browser.

One possibility is to check and make sure that both Servlets
release shared resources while they are not using them(such as a
database table).

Track down from top to bottom in the Servlet to find out what
line of code exactly is causing the exception and let us know what
exactly you're doing if you can't figure it out then.

This just sounds like a resource permissions or locking issue and
since the first servlet will work fine I don't believe it's perms.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
<A HREF="http://www.aswethink.com">Software As We Think</A>