tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: How do I precompile JSP files for final Production use?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:47:32 GMT
> I don't want to install the JDK onto the server either. It is
> too big. When
> I install my app I will install Tomcat to use http as the transport
> mechanism.
>
> Is there a way around having to install the JDK at all?

The other option is to compile the jsp's somewhere else and copy over
the class files then set up a servlet mapping in your web.xml file.

I haven't delt with this directly but I recall a couple of posts a
while back in the list regarding this I believe try checking the
archive.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer