tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <>
Subject RE: Very Important and Urgent, please help
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:12:19 GMT
> I'm Using tomcat 3.2.1 on Redhat Linux 6.2, with apache 1.3.9. Problem
here I'm facing is that, I'm
> not able to execute JSP files, when I try execute any JSP, it returns
following error.
> Error: 500
> Location: /examples/jsp/include/include.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletException: method
> Ljava/lang/Throwable; not found
>	at
Compiled Code)

Old version of servlet.jar?

Check to make sure you don't have multiple copies of servlet.jar sitting
around and check the version of the servlet.jar file you're using.

I echo the sentiment of Wenz Christian regarding HTML messages(plain text

Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
<A HREF="">Software As We Think</A>
<A HREF="mailto://">Michael Wentzel</A>