tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <>
Subject RE: Web-site security
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:41:19 GMT
> How can i specify the default page for my site hosted on Tomcat on NT. I
want to specify a particular > file (say index.html) where all new sessions
are redirected. If a user types a valid url path to my
> site, specifying any oher file on my site, he/she should be rediected to
the index.html page. Only
> when he is logged on, should he be able to access the other pages on my

I'm sure there are probably other ways of handling this but we have a common
include file that consists of session checking code and redirects to
login.jsp if session is invalid, and this file is included on
all pages in our context.

Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
<A HREF="">Software As We Think</A>