tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Large Scale Tomcat use
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:07:08 GMT
> 1. Apache -- Firewall -- Standalone Tomcat -- Firewall
> -- DB
> 2. Apache -- Firewall -- Apache/Tomcat -- Firewall --
> DB
> 3. Apache/Tomcat -- Firewall -- Standalone Tomcat --
> Firewall -- DB
> 4. Apache/Tomcat -- Firewall -- Apache/Tomcat --
> Firewall -- DB
> 6. Apache/Tomcat -- Firewall -- Apache/Tomcat --
> Firewall -- DB

I don't think you would have a need for the second firewall
mentioned in the options you listed above.  The only case
where I would see it as necessary is if you have a subnet
on your network that is connected to the internal interface
of the first firewall that you do not want to allow direct
access to some resource below it(in which case I would probably
put that subnet outside the firewall).

 ---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer