tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Porting apps from v3.1.x to v3.2.1
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:15:45 GMT

	What are you doing in setCity that might cause an NullPointer?

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Marino Vittorio [mailto:vittorio.marino@fastweb.it]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 9:20 AM
To: 'Tomcat-User (E-mail)
Subject: Porting apps from v3.1.x to v3.2.1

I am trying to port my application from Tomcat v3.1.x to the latest release
v.3.2.1 and I get this exception:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at netdb.Prenota.setCity(Prenota.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibra
ry.java, Compiled Code)
	at
_0002faddrHandler_0002ejspaddrHandler_jsp_16._jspService(_0002faddrHandler_0
002ejspaddrHandler_jsp_16.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java,
Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
onnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)

netdb.Prenota is under WEB-INF/classes, I've tried to put the CLASSPATH
manually but still does not work properly. Any idea? Thanks