tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Problem with installing tomcat as NT service - spaces in path cause crash
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:29:27 GMT

	As discussed on this list before, yes this is a know bug.  The two
work arounds are:
	1. Don't use pathes with spaces
	2. Use the 8 character name for the path (i.e. Program~1).  I
believe that some people have reported that this option didn't work for
them.

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Radovich [mailto:brian@tek-tools.com]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 6:42 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with installing tomcat as NT service - spaces in path
cause crash

Howdy

When I have my install program configure the wrapper.properties file, it can
inset a line like

wrapper.tomcat_home=C:\Program Files\Application Name\tomcat

The service will not work... it only works when the path to tomcat has no
spaces in it... I tried using double quotes and it didn't work.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

TIA

Brian