tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill_Fellows/MO/americancent...@americancentury.com
Subject Re: Problem with getHeader("Referer")
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 04:13:00 GMT

Are you direct dialing the page or are you clicking a link to see it?  i.e.
{page1}
... <a href="page2.jsp">foo</a> ...

{page2}
... <% if (request.getHeader("referer") != null)
   out.println(request.getHeader("referer"));
  else
  out.println("Referer == null Dig-it!");
%> ...
Going from page1 to page2 should result in "page1.yourextension" being written
to the screen.
Hitting ^L (YMMV) or typing page2.jsp into your address bar will result in the
second message.
Does that help?
/bill

Dan Eppinghoff <deppinghoff@cardinalsolutions.com> on 01/17/2001 10:02:27 PM