tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill_Fellows/MO/
Subject Re: why must I add the port number
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:51:02 GMT

Standard http port is 80  Browsers expect to get a response from that port
unless explicitly told otherwise.  Edit /conf/server.xml to make it "normal."

"Birte Glimm" <> on 01/04/2001 08:49:23 AM

Please respond to

cc:    (bcc: Bill Fellows/MO/americancentury)
Subject:  why must I add the port number

Hi, I have installed tomcat as a standalone webserver on Win 2000.
To get a page or a servlet I have to type e.g.
but why must I include the port? Isn`t it the standard http port as in all other
webservers? If the port number is missing I get "Cannot find server" and "The
page cannot be displayed"

Birte Glimm

View raw message