tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ivo Limmen <lim...@furore.nl>
Subject RE: list of HttpSession objects
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:40:36 GMT
Do you always get the nullpointerexception or is it only when the user
closes the connection?
I am working on a similar problem, I want to see how many sessions are
active. I have tried to use a weak reference to each session object but it
didn't work because all the sessions are reused by Tomcat, so they don't
dissapear.

Ivo

-----Original Message-----
From: TeamOn Crosswinds [mailto:murthy@crosswinds.net]
Sent: woensdag 31 januari 2001 5:33
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: list of HttpSession objects

Hi,

We are moving to Tomcat3.2.1 and noticed a problem.
We monitor user-activity per web-server by keeping a list of HTTPSession
objects; we query this list to see the sessions active (and thereby some ser
information) at a given point.

With this version of tomcat, there seems to be this HTTPSessionfacade object
that has a 'realsession' object. this realsession object gets nuked at the
end of every request.

So, our list maintains a list of httpsessionfacade objects that do not have
any realsession objects associated with them, so we get nullpointerexception
when we try to read from these httpsession objects we maintain..

Is this a feature?
Is there any other way our management console can keep track of
httpsessions?

thanks,
murthy

Furore Informatica B.V.
Rijswijkstraat 175-8
Postbus 9204
1006 AE Amsterdam
tel. (020) 346 71 71
fax. (020) 346 71 77

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer