tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Михаил Дудар <...@bifit.com>
Subject Troubles with Single Thread Model ?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:16:50 GMT

Hi, all !
I'm working with Tomcat3.1 and have some troubles.
I create http-servlet, to serve multiply clients requests and Tomcat
don't create multiply copy of servlets to serve clients requests.
Some code :
[cut]
    protected void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
    throws ServletException, IOException {

        System.out.println(this.toString() + ". Doing service...");

        try {
             boolean shutdown = false;
            while(!shutdown) {
                             .... print somthing to client
                Thread.sleep(5000);
            }

        }
        catch(Exception e) {
        }

        System.out.println(this.toString() + ". Done.");
    }
[/cut]
Then i connect first client to this servlet - it's OK, but
if i connect another client - no results... :(
Are i do something wrong or is bug of Tomcat ?

--
WBR Mishel Dudarev(BIFIT),
 mid@bifit.com